Title: Wonderful World
Domain: emotional, cognitive
Population: Adult Mental Health (Forensics)
Category: emotional expression, song writing, lyric analysis, cognitive
Materials: “Wonderful World” lyrics, “Happy List” worksheet, “Wonderful World” with blanks worksheet, guitar, “Wonderful World” guitar chords, writing utensils
1. Hand out lyric sheets. Sing and discuss “Wonderful World”
2. Give everyone a pencil and worksheets.
3. Have clients list 5 things that make them happy on the “Happy List” worksheet
4. Using things from clients’ “Happy Lists,” fill in blanks to “Wonderful World” worksheet.
5. Sing new version of “Wonderful World” with clients’ answers
Behavioral Observation: Participation, appropriate responses, reality orientation, emotional expression
Source: “Wonderful World” performed by Louis Armstrong. Original activity by me.
Submitted by: Bethany Clayton; 3/18/2010
Lyrics and worksheets