Title: Musical Scattergories
Population: Adult Mental Health (Forensics)
Category: leisure activity, team building
Materials: Subject cards, pencil and paper for each team, timer
1. Have clients divide into teams
2. Give each team a pencil and paper
3. Draw a card with a category on it and share it with everyone
4. Set timer for desired amount of time
5. Teams think of as many song titles as they can that fit into the category drawn on the card.
6. When time runs out, each team gets one point for each song they thought of. To get credit for the point someone from the team must be able to sing part of the song.
7. Whoever has the most points at the end wins.
Behavioral Observation: Participation, teamwork, memory skills
Source: http://www.recreationtherapy.com/tx/txgmpsv.htm, additional categories by me.
Submitted by: Bethany Clayton; 3/10/2010